Store Associate (8 hours)
Location: Penninsular Retail Park, Charlton, SE7 7TZ, London
Date posted: 30/08/13
Permanent / Contract: Regular
Job number: 853120
Actively responsible for providing excellent customer service, sales maximisation and gross margin enrichment by selling the Staples brand, products and services to our customers.
• Acknowledge and greet each customer in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Assist the Team Leader in developing a sales culture attitude throughout the store by ensuring that customers are promptly attended to.
• Handle customer requests and complaints efficiently, referring those where required to the duty manager.
• Recommend additional products or services to ensure full customer satisfaction.
• Promote a selling environment throughout the store by personally selling Staples products and services, and acting as a role model for other associates.
• Possess a thorough and up to date knowledge of all Staples products and services.
• Maximise sales by following the Hi-5 selling skills method.
• Handle all enquiries and sales completely, properly and efficiently to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Maintain a high standard in the daily maintenance, stocking, selling, presentation and signage of all department merchandise.
• Maintain proper use and care of all equipment to ensure the safety of all associates and customers.
• Follow Company processes accurately in order to prevent shrinkage.
• Adhere to sales legislation e.g. solvents, knives and blades, software and DVDs.
• Ensure any changes to current processes and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
• Maintain proper use and care of all front end cash area equipment to ensure the safety of all associates.
• Comply with all cash handling procedures in order to minimise shrink.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
• Experience in a customer-facing role.
• Good oral communication skills.
• Team player.
• Confidence and reliability.
• Previous sales experience would be an advantage.